Thursday, November 27, 2008

Gobble Gobble

Hope everyone's Thanksgiving was filled with turkey, family and laughter.

I thought about what I wanted to write today. I decided that I should share my thankful story.

Two years ago, on Thanksgiving Eve I ate at a little place called Pei Weig. Yes, I did. It was late in the afternoon, I was with my mom and sister doing some shopping. That night we were joined with my cousin and went to IHOP, I was pretty full and not feeling so well so I drank water. I remember being VERY cranky and my mom scowling me. But whatev. So then I went home and went to bed. That night, 12 am to be correct, I woke up in bed (gets a little gross here) and just threw up. Ugh, I was still half asleep. Luckily my dad heard me and came in. He and my mom helped me get cleaned up and changed my sheets. Well after that, we thought it was over and so I just went back to sleep. Well one hour later I repeated that. This time no one came in. And side note, I barely was wake, its not that I was to lazy to walk to the bathroom. So I was like (in am very, sad, pathetic whisper) "Pammmmella, Pammmella. Wake up." And you not what she said? "Be quiet," and then rolled over! Well I cleaned everything and then I believe I just slept in the bathroom until my mom found me and then relocated me, and gave some motherly love. So for every hour, (NOT exaggerating) I would wake up and be sick. This happened from 12 a.m. until 5 p.m. Not a very good Thanksgiving. So I ended up at my aunt and uncles not eating that year.

Sad story indeed. BUT the up side is, every year I am so grateful to not be sick and able to eat my dinner.

I told this at the table tonight and everyone was so disturbed and grossed out, I didn't get to finish and say the good part.

Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments: