Tuesday, November 11, 2008

the early bird...

Today is the first day of the rest of your life.

My mom use to tell us that, every morning at breakfast. We would be sitting staring at our oatmeal, to tired to lift the spoon to our mouths, and she would be chatting up a storm. I am a known "anti-morning talking" person. I like to just hurry up to lunch, when I am awake. But my mom is another story. I would get so caught up in her excitement of the saying, it would make me laugh and ask questions. One morning she said, "I know the secret to life." We (Rocky and I) just rolled our eyes and she kept explaining how she had made a discovery people spend there whole life trying to figure out. Finally, the curiosity got the best of us, and we about yelled, "What is the secret to life?" My mom smiled and said, "I can't tell you, you have to figure it out yourself." And then she left us to ponder with our oatmeal.

Today, is the first day of the rest of my life.


I plan to do something extraordinary today.

3 comments:

The Tanner and Bryan Experience said...

Your Mom sounds awesome! I mean that in absolute sincerity.

Alyssa said...

I love your mom and I don't even know her.
:] I am glad you are doing something wonderful today.

Taylor said...

you are too cute! a spitting image of your mom :)
I LOVE YOU