Thursday, November 13, 2008

And it comes full circle:

Today was interesting.

The most wonderful man spoke to us in Devotional today. He gave this quote, and I believe its a standard everyone should live by: "Winners are losers who decided to give it one more try."

I sang my Quadratic Formula song in my math class, it was definitely a solo. (its Mary Had A Little Lamb, but with math terms).

In math I took my glasses off for two seconds to clean them, and realized that I now am so dependent on them. I can't see anything without them on in that class. (probably doesn't help I sit in the very back row)

Last night me and Ashli laid in our beds, trying to meet our decided bedtime (11 p.m.), laughing about anything and everything. She declared that today I would meet my husband... Which started a huge conversation about boys. Needless to say, we were not asleep by 11p.m.

Then today I went to this really cool meeting for ILP (International Learning Program). It was about teaching little children English in 4 different countries for a semester. And I am so excited about it, and its was an extremely informative meeting. So I will be looking in to that, I am thinking maybe in a few semesters.

I have so much to be thankful for today, it seems a little over whelming. I am grateful I can stay up late at night giggling with my roommate. I am thankful I have the option of going a broad for a semester. I am blessed because I can find inspiration through another's faith.

Somehow, my todays are always better than my yesterdays. This makes me excited for everyday, I can't wait to see how much more I will add to my grateful list tomorrow.

3 comments:

The Tanner and Bryan Experience said...

My quadratic equation song is to the tune of Pop Goes the Weasel.

That speaker today was SO good! I liked what he said right before that: "You can choose to believe you can or you can't. You'll be right either way." ...or something like that.

We're not boys. We're men. But maybe we made it into your conversation anyway... ;)

Rachel said...

Aw Brittany! I'm so excited for you that college seems to be going so well. And I love how positive and encouraging your blogs are. They brighten my day. (Not to mention imagining you singing Mary Had A Little Lamb with math terms definitely made me laugh. haha)

:)

Taylor said...

YAY! that's my laid back, happy go-lucky BFFEAEAEA. I sang the quadratic formula for my math test last week!! hahaha

I LOVE YOU

and I am a big fan of the snapper kid. hook it up britt ;D you two could snap together. aww i am seeing it now.