Sunday, April 12, 2009

Perfect Easter.

What a beautiful day.

Sarah got Baptized!!!
It was so exciting. I am going to just talk about the baptism... (Easter will be tomorrow's post.)
Well we were running around, yelling, throwing things in the black fashion. People where over. Sarah had a bad headache so she laid down. Chloe got play dough outside but then started throwing it inside. Sophie was screaming about everything she couldn't have. Bobby kept saying "I am winging my talk." I was yelling at him to practice. They where yelling at me to write my talk. My mom was walking around frosting cookies. Jennifer and Debbie were trying to watch the girls. Rocky was hiding in the one bathroom that had the curling iron on. We were yelling orders. Sarah woke up and we were scared she wasn't going to make it. I threw everything in a bag. Grabbed the girls and Sarah and we left....

Then the Stake Center. Just walking in made me feel better. The missionaries were there setting up. I was running around. Sarah was confused on the jump suit. Then everyone else came. We found a place for the refreshments and the programs. The missionaries told Sarah, "I think there is going to be more people than even I thought where coming." Poor Sarah, I secretly think she was cursing me for sending out announcements. We took a million pictures and then when we sat down. I couldn't find Bobby at the start and was freaking out. I thought he left. Finally he was there. And we started.

Bobby's talk on baptism was SO good. I was so impressed. I really missed Sister Black, she would have really enjoyed this. He was simply amazing... Then I was up. Mine was decent. I was so nervous. I blame Bobby. But it was good. Then Sarah was baptized by my dad! It was cool sitting with Chloe. She was very nervous for her mommy. Afterwards she ran to the front and said, (so everyone could hear), "Mommy, why did Uncle push you under water?" It was very funny. Everyone laughed and teased my dad afterwards. Chloe is SO adorable. I took her outside for some of it and asked her about what happened.

She said, "Uncle took mommy and pushed her under water." "Why?" "So she was baptized." "What color did they wear?" "White!" and our questions went on. Chloe is only 3. Yet she knows so much!

The musical number was so so good. My mom, grandma, and I started setting up the refreshments towards the end of the program. My mother opened the soda and.... it EXPLODED! I was laughing so hard. It got all over our table cloth and my dress. Well and quite possibly a guy sitting in the back too? We aren't quite sure. But the table cloth was SO cool. The soda just beaded up and you wiped it off. It didn't even soak in. It was SO cool! Really. Most impressive thing I have seen in a long time.

So then it was over and Chloe wowed everyone with her cuteness and Sarah gave her testimony and everything. Poor Sarah, She was so nervous about that and did AMAZING! Seriously, sucks that Bobby and Sarah are so good, they are going to be giving talks in church. Ha Ha.

We are so proud of you Sarah. It was such fun night. You are an amazing example for your family and mine.

I am very tired in every way. Today was a big day... in more than one way. I think I am going to sleep. It is like 9 pm, but feels like 3 am.

Goodnight!


I hope everyone had a Easter Sunday. It has been quite a day to remember.

No comments: