Friday, April 10, 2009

Easter Pageant

A night filled with stories...

Chloe listened really hard.

On the way I started to tell Chloe the story about Jesus's life. Here is how I told it:

Once upon a time there was a mommy named Mary and a daddy named Joseph. They had a little baby named Jesus. Everyone was so happy. They loved him so much. People came and gave him presents. Then he grew and grew and became a big boy. He taught all the people. Jesus told everyone how much he loved them. They all loved Jesus too. But then there was bad people and they were so mean to Jesus. He was very sad and cried. So he went to sleep for 3 days. Then he woke up and everyone was so happy he was awake. Mary was so happy. Angels came and they sang and danced and celebrated. Jesus was so happy. The End.

Chloe couldn't get over the part where the bad guys came. She was so excited to see Jesus. I have never heard a little kid talk so much about someone. She kept telling me to retell the story. Then would add "I love Jesus too" when I said he loved all the people. She told everyone that she loved Mary and Joseph too. I teared up so many times tonight. She is so simple. So innocent and believing.

Anyways, during the entire play, Chloe quizzed me about what was happening. The part where is said, "And [Jesus] was troubled", she yelled "YEAH he got in TROUBLE!". It was so funny. I laughed so hard at the part where Jesus was on the donkey. She wanted to run and talk to Jesus and pet the horsey. As she was explaining this to me she started petting my hair. Towards the end she started giving me a twisty braid.

Aww, it was a fun night. Though she begged to go back and see Jesus once we left. It was hard to explain that she could talk to him with prayers. But soon enough both girls were sleeping. What a beautiful ending.




3 comments:

The Tanner and Bryan Experience said...

We were totally there!

brittany said...

TANNER!
I saw you guys walking in. But you were lost in the huge crowd, so I couldn't say hi.

Sarah said...

okay you told this better then I could have!!! ut my favorite part was at the very end when she was clapping and said "thank you Jesus, thank you sooo much Jesus"