Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Easter Morn.

So I wrote an entire post, but due to complications (I mostly blame petty college girls) it was deleted. So now I must retype the entire thing. I am not happy about this!

Saturday at the mall shopping. Sophie was OUT.


She was saying my name over and over. When I FINALLY get out the camera she won't say it! But still is VERY adorable!


Easter Sunday:

In the morning I woke up to a cute little Easter basket and TOMS! I got black TOMS! I was so so so surprised and HAPPY! Then Rocky and I looked for eggs outside. (My mom told me that this will only stop once one of us gets married. Rocky and Sister Black will both be gone next Easter. So I either will be married or be on the egg hunt. It is funny, but my mother is serious.) The egg hunt wasn't quite the same. I mean, my mom STILL had to help me look and find the eggs, I am not very good at this event. But Sister Black and Rocky didn't have their huge big fight. Normally it ends with both of them muddy and fighting over the eggs in the trees. Just not the same.

Then we went to Church. Chloe used me as her personal jungle gym. One of my buttons on my sweater even fell off, :(. Sacrament seemed a bit longer this week. Maybe it was because BOTH girls couldn't sit still. It was like they knew it was the day of candy! Both parents promised me they didn't have candy for breakfast, but I am not to sure. Chloe is in LOVE with the missionaries. She kept running to the row behind us to talk to them. She is so cute. How can you not smile?

We came home and had Easter dinner at my Grandma's house. In attendance was: Sarah, Bobby, Chloe, Sophie, Aunt Tammie, Taylor, Tatum, Grandma, Grandpa, Dad, Mom, Rocky and ME! So like 12 people, ish? Then it was time to have the big egg search. My Grandma is so BOMB at this! I think that Grandmas sit together and talk about their grandchildren. And at this sitting, my grandma is so the cool grandmother. Like for reals. She is always sending us on these big hunts for Easter, Christmas, etc... So this year she hid the 4 eggs for the little girls. (Chloe and Sophie) She also does this thing where instead of candy in the eggs, she puts money. I totally support this. So we helped the little girls find their eggs and then it was the big kid hunt. Me (I am not saying my age, as I am the oldest), Rocky (18), Taylor (15), Tatum (13) all gathered by the swing for our instructions. OK, my Grandma is COOL! She told us that this year, instead of having to find the 4 egg's with our names on them we had to find one of each color. She told us the instructions and sent us off. Rocky got done first, then me, and Taylor and Tatum still needed to find a yellow one. So, like every year, the entire family went out on the search for the golden egg. (my dad found it and tried the "finders keepers". didn't work.)

After all THIS activity... we got ready for the baptism. That was already on an earlier post. But I have some pictures that I will post. For Easter, all those pictures are on my Grandma's camera in far away P-Town.

But this Easter was so special. I was able to spend so much time with friends and family. I learned so much about Christ and was able participate in an baptism. I missed Sister Black so very much. The holiday's are so different without her.

Baptism Pictures:



No comments: