Thursday, April 23, 2009

5 hours later....

Well it might not be Seattle Grace,

but Thatcher throws together a mean ER!

Basically here is what happened. I woke up to a phone call from Meigen. I could barely understand her, being that she crying. I went over to see that she was soo so sick in bed. She was only at fire temperature and couldn't stop coughing. After receiving a Priesthood blessing from Keith and Morgan, I took her to the emergency room. Before we left I called her mom to get all of the medical information and didn't realize until the ER what I wrote it down on. The paper had my scribbles to one side and a large cartoon drawing on the other side. I laughed when the lady took it to make a copy.

Soon poor little sick Meigen had a room and was getting an IV for being so dehydrated. Normal pulse is 70, her pulse was 149. So they stuck her a few times. In the arm but then in the hand. OUCH! It hurt me just watching. Meigen is such a trooper. She said, "Don't look Brittany." Every time there was a needle she warned me. (and even when she threw up) She is a really was a good and cute sick patient. They took her for some x-rays. During that time I made a hand balloon for her. (A harder task than seems.)

We finally found out that she has the icky pneumonia. Oh NO! But then after some more IV with medicine, and then some more liquid.... we were ready to leave. After waiting forever, and plus my phone died... we left. Meigen is still not feeling so well. But I am happy to report that she did just eat 2 crackers! And almost drank all of her sprite and water! So anyhow keep Meigen in your prayers. Hopefully she will be feeling well soon!

No comments: