Thursday, April 2, 2009

ER or EA?

So you wanna know?



If the pig will make it?

Negative people. This was our BIO lab today. Dissecting a baby pig. (WILBUR) To understand the digestive system. Ugh. I was holding my breath in this picture. It smelled to awful. I couldn't help but plug my nose and pretend that this wasn't a dead animal. Well after this picture of my I smelled the deadness in the room. Needless to say, my Lab was cut short by a few hours. I like ran to my apartment. Gagging all the way. Soon after (like 5 minutes) I was joined by Ashli. I guess you can count out "Doctors" for us!


WHY AM I HERE?


SHE ALWAYS LOOKS CUTE!

This was taken 1 minute before I ran out of the room:

WARNING! I was a lot grosser in real life than in this clip!

Next on my activities for the day was to donate blood with Meigen. We didn't have an appointment so after I recovered from the death of Wilbur, we walked over to wait. Well it was 9:30 AM. The blood drive didn't start till 10. So we waited. Finally (45 minutes later) we were called to get our little fingers poked. That hurts the worst. We both had enough iron! Yeah! It was Meigen's first time. And my.... 4th? Yeah. 3rd time since I have been at EA.

My lady was SO nice. I must have looked pale, cause she kept talking to me, trying to make sure I was ok. My blood time was 7:38! Sweet. After the bag is filled, they fill a couple tubes. (I have no idea why, but they do.) Well I was feeling a bit dizzy at this point. I couldn't answer her questions anymore because I was concentrated on breathing. In and out. I told her I was feeling a bit dizzy and 1.5 seconds later she YELLED, "I NEED A WET CLOTH!" And 5 people jump up and run away. Scared at the intensity of the room I said, "Umm, I am ok. Really. I'm fine." She said, "No. We want to be sure." By that time (20 seconds later) a lady comes running with a wet, wet, WET napkin thing. It felt nice though. And they reclined me. (You know, they didn't recline me at all. That's probably why I didn't feel good.) Then a minute later a boy brought another one... that went on my neck. Did I mention they were really wet, and cold? And dripping down my back. The needle was still in? It was hard to be still. But I was fine. I had to reassure them like 20 times before they would let me leave.

Then I got cookies.

This was my day. All before 11 A.M.

1 comment:

Alyssa said...

EW. ew. ew. ew.
the pig thing made me feel like throwing up my dinner. (but nice goldwater shirt. represent.)
I feel sick now.
both things made me feel sick.
uuuhhhewwww.
love.