Friday, July 3, 2009

a WICKED performance.

Going Wicked,

for Good.

Up's and down's is how we do it here at the Black house. Today was my little cousin, Taylor's birthday. She turned 15! I guess that isn't so little any more. We (my mom and I) had breakfast at the Deer Valley Airport with her, Aunt Tammie, Grandma and Grandpa. My dad is gone hunting for the weekend and Rocky left early in the morning the ride his [dirt] bike. Rocky called with bad news. Apparently he was near death, in the desert, alone, without water, and unable to return home. So we went to the rescue. Took forever, and a lot of wrong turns, to find him in the desert. After that drama, it was ready for the real performance. WICKED!




My mom and I were suppose to go last summer with Sister Black, but never had the time. Well it came to US, and so we had to attend. We got all dressed up, super cute, and took a bunch of pictures, Rocky was the injured photographer. Half way down the road every emergency light in the car was turned on. So, against all my protests, my mom pulled off to the side of the road and read the instruction manual to see what it all meant. I wanted to know: after reading about the "check engine" light, what was she going to do about it? After arguing we kept going on the road, VERY slowly. We finally arrived, a little early and anxious to find our seats. Then it started. It was worth all the trouble getting there. We laughed so hard. My favorite part was the Popular song. I can't wait to go back next year with Sister Black.



4 comments:

Taylor said...

you ARE your mother's daughter.no doubt.
you both look gorgeous and i am glad u had fun =]

Alyssa said...

You guys look SO cute!
You match! and your dress is ADORABLE!

brittany said...

HAHA!
we were walking out and Dirt [Rocky] said, "Are you suppose to be matchy?"
we didn't plan it. it just happened.

Joey said...

You guys need to let us know. Wicked .let's just say Payton is obsessed! We all know the sountrack by heart. We took her last summer, but would always love to go agaon, especially with you fun guys. Glad you loved it!