Saturday, July 11, 2009

Where to begin?

"Just clean your room like a normal sane person."
- my mother.

Did I mention we have crickets?
[in my ROOM!]

Today I found crickets, a total of 4 throughout the house. Needless to say I have scheduled times for the house to be "bombed" and am bug spraying it all again. My mom thinks I am nuts, because I am the only one that saw and killed them. But they are there I tell you! My room, about a year ago, had an enormously large undesirable bug in it. I cried for hours on discovery, then spent that night at a friends house. The next day I cleared out my entire room. As in, everything but the huge beds that were set up in my room and couldn't fit out of the door way, was removed from my room. Dressers, clothes, toys, books, night stands, bedding, EVERYTHING. When my parents arrived home from work that day... lets just say they were less than encouraging about my plan. But I still cleaned my room better that ever before, and de-cluttered it.

Well when I returned home from school this summer I had my suitcases in my room for a few day, still packed. So it was disturbing when one night, very late, when I walked in my room and found a surprise. Since the first bug sighting a year ago, I always walk around my room and do, what I call, a "bug check." I found a long, skinny, nurtured millipede. Without a second thought I ran into my parents room and woke my mom up. She then woke my dad up. With my dad leading the way, my mom and I were on his heels following him towards the creature. It was a rough night. The next day my mom told me to clean out my room. So once again I through out every little single piece of my room into the living room. It looked AWFUL! Our house had a tiny little path that allowed us to get to other rooms. I am happy to say, only about one third went back into my room, and lots of bug spray.

So if you were to walk in my room, you might wonder if anyone really lives there. The closet only holds clothes, many shelves unused, and nightstands empty, there are big spots where furniture is missing. And it is exactly how I like it. You can spot bugs so much easier without the clutter of the "lived in" look.

1 comment:

Taylor said...

haha B-ritt!

my room is currently under destruction as well

:P