Tuesday, October 14, 2008

process.

A very short time ago (extremely short), I decided if I had nothing nice to say, I simply wouldn't say it. Not to make it sound like I am constantly bad mouthing people, but I get caught up in the little whispers and gossip as all 18 year old Brittany Black's do. So, this is good. It actually gives me a reason NOT to repeat or voice some thoughts, and I am so very glad for that. But I just wish I wouldn't have thoughts that made it so tempting.
I realize in writing this I sound like a very evil devilish girl. But everyone has this problem, its very more noticeable with the female sex. And while I am put in situations where I have to be kind, even though people are on my last nerves, I find it comforting that maybe I am not the only going through this. These past few months have pre
sented themselves full of change, and I believe I have handled most of it very maturely. But, its the little things now that get me.
I know some will read this and think this simple action is not very difficult. Well, isn't it? When someone crosses you, who do you tell? There are quite a few people I tell. And I tell them because I consider them to be my clos
est friends, but should a "friend" really just be the person you gossip too? Because it is called gossip. (Gossip is when you repeat or say something for or about anyone besides you.)
This small simple phrase "if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all" poses a much harder task than I thought. Not saying can be done with a little self control, but not thinking it is where I find my fault. I am always lacking the patience that make moms, and teachers and leaders so amazing. They see who you are and just love that. Why can't I show the same courteous?
One my Favorite quotes is "Find out who you are and do it on purpose" by Dolly Parton.
Isn't that just great? Do it on purpose. I want that, but I want to be accepted too. Everyone feels this way, so why don't we just automatically do it?
I have rambled long enough.
Just thought I would write it down, sometimes it helps, I just feel more discouraged now than ever.

Could this possibly be one of those life lessons?

2 comments:

Alyssa said...

did you delete a post?
because it says you posted something 20 minutes ago but when I come here this is the only thing here.
are you turning into a blog deleter like me?
love.

Alyssa said...

PS. I made you something today!
I will send it soon!
love.