Thursday, March 5, 2009

schroeder-nater.

because you whinned so much....
Michael Schroeder.

(I sent him a picture of me making a funny face, haha he sent this in reply. Hope he enjoys this.)

Michael Schroeder might just be the most annoyingly funny kid I will ever know. Sometimes I get so mad at him and can't help but smile because he ALWAYS calls me out on my foolishness.

Hmmm, if I could describe Michael Schroeder (you always have to say the full name. Just "Michael" doesn't describe him quite right) what would I say? Well I call him for everything. I was walking to library one day in search for a book with specific guidelines. The guidelines were gibberish to me. So I called Michael and he looked up all the terms for me. He is just kinda that great. I also tell him everything. EVERYTHING! I am so embarrassed sometimes when he remembers to ask me a question about my clothes or some other dumb girl worry, and I always say, "Oh my GOSH! I told you that?" But he always listens to me. So patiently. It was so cute, I have wanted a horseshoe necklace forever! And I think at Christmas he was almost just as excited as I was to finally have one.


He is the only person I can sit through 14.5 hours of StarWars with. I think this is because he is so excited for each part. I know he must have seen them a thousand times, but still is entertained. So I think I just like to watch him watch the movies. Last weekend we saw "Fan Boys" (a movie centered around StarWars nerds) and when they asked StarWars trivia, he would whisper the answers to me. This Schroeder Boy never ceases to surprise me.
Michael is the kind of boy you leave at home with your family while you run to the store, and you come home to see him outside playing with your little cousin. (When Chloe requests you to be at her birthday party, you know you are special.)
I can't really explain him. Which is exactly as he likes it. He believes himself to be "ambiguous", which is a very attractive quality to him.
I love Michael very much, and I am so lucky to have him as one of my best-est friends. He tells me all the time, "I can hear the smile in your voice." Which is probably the reason why I can't stop smiling as I am writing this. This morning waiting for me in my email I had a message from him. It read:
" where oh where has my little Britt gone?
where oh were can she beeeeee
with her hair cut short and her hair dyed blond
where oh where can she beeeee"
Oh Michael....
I can't explain this boy, but I can share a thought that I think says it all:

In an institute class we were talking about out talents. We learned how we each are given special talents by our Heavenly Father. The teacher asked what our talents were. That got me thinking, well.... I don't know. I know I must have SOME talents... but what are they? I am not very coordinated nor am I a genius. I was without hope, I have not done anything with my life! The teacher suggested to us few without knowledge of our talents to ask someone. And I thought of Michael. Michael has many talents. He is so smart and I am pretty sure he almost knows everything (well I mean to say, he knows all the things I don't, which he points out quite a bit). But I know if I asked him, he would know. And to have such a great friend, someone who can see what you and, sometimes, no one else can see is quite a blessing.

Michael Schroeder drives me insane. We argue more than we get along. One time (like last week) we were sitting outside. (oh gezz this story already is making me laugh) Michael was trying to be cute.. while I was trying to have a legit conversation. We were sitting in chairs and he moved his closer to me, so in reply I got up and moved to another chair that supplied a lot of space in between us. I sat down and crossed my arms staring at him (trying to give a legit death glare). And all he said, very matter-of-factly, "Well, this is very mature." I was laughing so hard, I can't ever win with him. I am so easily persuaded and laugh way to much for my own good that he always gets his way.

Michael is the boy that is just so easy to be around. Funny that once I thought he might be mute. He is so smart and so relaxed that everyone likes him. He sets his standards high and it isn't even an option to go against them. He is such an amazing example to me. He is sure in himself, and knows exactly what he wants. He cares so much about people. Oh goodness, I wish I had that big of a heart. And, although I am surrounded by RM's, I have yet to see someone so easily tell the Plan of Salvation or throw a couple "girls are evil" scriptures out. (that's a bit of a side note, and I really think Michael just tells me things like that so he can show off, nevertheless, it's still cool) He just, well, he gets excited about all the little things. And I have so much respect for him.

And Michael, I am sure I have written this many days ago, and you are just now looking at this... and you are probably getting a pretty "large" (see I didn't say fat) head about yourself. So I don't see why this last example of why I think you are amazing could hurt.

(when we both had our legit hair)
Michael is so extremely just.... "awww". We were at the grocery store and I stopped at the candy aisle, trying to pick the right kind (very hard choice). Michael had kept walking so he was at the end waiting. After a few long minutes, still undecided I looked up for him and saw he staring at me. I was like, "What?" (Trying to think if I was so concentrated that I did something embarrassing). He said, "Nothing, I just wish I had a camera." "Why??" (I was thinking, shoot? what is on my face?) And Michael Schroeder said, "Because you look so cute."