Thursday, January 8, 2009

School is back.

"Lots of people go to school for 7 years."

"Yeah, they're called doctors."

I originally wrote a post about my first day. It was very interesting. I had to wake up at 8 A.M. It was super intense. But what is more intense, was the second day. Today I had no classes. I woke up in a panic and hurried to get online and check some courses. I soon found out my desired time to be finished with school was not timed properly. Meaning: I need to take more classes. I was unsure of what all I needed to take. So I quickly printed out papers and started highlighting like crazy. I also should mention that this is not the first time I have done this. Its beginning to be a habit. Ashli, I think, is quite bored with my "Oh my gosh, my world is over. I am going to fail school." attitude. Finally I solved some planning problems. But this means I will be taking what is called a "overload" course schedule. My work schedule seems to be much slimmer this semester, so I thought, "Why not be in lots of classes?"

School is an amazing place. Yesterday I was sitting in a class viewing a slide show and I got an odd familiar feeling. I felt like I was just starting. Nothing is decided for me yet. I can go, and be anyone I chose. I was so engrossed into this presentation that I suddenly wanted to visit the islands and know the histories. I can't tell you how excited I am to be in school. I love that I get to learn everyday. I am going to end this semester knowing history, art, biology, math and so much more. How exciting! I think people my age sometimes forgets what a privilege it is to just learn all day. I love school. I love going in classes and coming out with the attitude that nothing is to big to make happen. I am a very fortunate girl. I have so much to be grateful for. Today I am thankful for education. And I can spend this new year learning as much as I can.

2 comments:

Alyssa said...

I love you.
and this attitude.
:]
love.

meggs said...

too bad that she is over sressing right NOW! SUCKS!