Monday, June 1, 2009

3 or 13?

Chloe puts on a show.

And nobody is ever disappointed.

Today I spent the day with the girls. Sophie has a smile that makes you smile. Even when she is screaming for half an hour at her own amusement, when she smiles, you always smile back. Chloe has me following her around with the camera. I can't get enough of all the clever things she does! She ends my fun by saying "Ok. No more now!" in response to me saying, "Smile!!!"



Sophie doesn't have a bottle anymore. I know that it was time, but I must admit, I miss the bottle. And at the same time she learned to crawl out of her playpen. You use to be able to just lay her down and give her the bottle and walk away. It was the easiest part of my day. These are what I called the good old days.

Now it is like preforming an exorcism. You must lay her in a big kid bed. Lay next to her (so she won't run out) and wait for her to fall asleep. During this time her body is as stiff as a board and her lungs are working overtime. Screaming so loud I thought my ears where going to start bleeding. Then the kicking of her legs. I am laying there thinking, "It has to be over sometime. Right? She can't go on like this forever?" And then suddenly the noise stops. I (facing the other direction to save my ears) cautiously turned to look. She is fast asleep, cute as a button!



Chloe mean while was waiting for me in my room on my bed. I go in to see her and she is crying! "What is wrong with you? Why are you crying?" "I am scarrreddd! I want Daddy! Whyyyy did he leaveee me attt this placcce?" Poor little girl, if I heard my sister crying like that I would be scared too. With a little reasoning, a trade from panties to pampers and a movie, she was ready for her nap.

"Nap time" for them means "fast cleaning time" for me. Rocky came home just in time for them to wake up and to play with them outside. During this time I was setting the table for our family dinner when our little toddler teenager comes to life.



The door opens and I can hear Rocky scolding Chloe and in mid sentence she shuts the door in his face, without even a second thought. I thought, "well maybe she didn't hear him." Wrong. She then walks in to me and says [in the perfect likeness of a 13 year] "Brittany! Rocky is being mean to me!" "What is wrong Chloe?" "He is so mean!" I couldn't help but laugh. She is adorable. I fear for the years to come. I go back outside and Rocky starts arguing with her, and she jumps right in and has great points and come backs. I have to say, she wins most of the fights at my house.

Bobby came over. We had dinner and a grueling game of Clue. Which I won, and I am VERY proud! ;] After baths and lots of lotion, they were strapped in the car ready for a goodnight rest.



Sarah, thanks for sharing your girls with me! I just love them so much! They are so good and never stop making me laugh.

No comments: