Monday, June 22, 2009

Weekend Getaways...

ENCHANTED ENCINITAS


This past weekend we spent on Moonlight Beach. Encinitas is a small family town, but so beautiful. Our hotel was about a half mile from the beach, if that much, and we could just walk anywhere and everywhere. I love walking to all the shops, and how it is always perfect weather there. We aren't sure if we will be going back to the beach this summer, so it was Rocky's last chance to surf... for 2 whole years. Saturday, which happened to be National Surfer's Day it was cold! We went to the Potato Cafe (a classic) and had some hot chocolate and the BIGGEST pancakes in the world. It wasn't freezing, but when the sand gets cold, you know it isn't your average beach day. So after being rained on for a bit, we decided to head down to Temecula. I love these small little towns. My dad bought more of his olive oil, it was a big deal to have more. And that night we went and saw The Proposal, Rocky's idea. I about fell out of my chair laughing. The next day we went to Mission Beach, where Rocky got his first Tat. I originally wanted a Hena (Rocky called it Hanna), but after my dad gave me 100 reasons why I shouldn't, I forgot about it. Rocky on the other hand pouted until he had "THE ROCK" [my idea] on his arm. There is a picture where he is standing next to my mom, so angry he wasn't getting one, then the next picture is when we went back, hello happy Rocky. It was a good trip. 3 days worth of fun. I miss the breezes and cloudy weather.
It always has me asking, "Now why do I live in Phoenix???"











3 comments:

Sarah said...

looks like so much fun!!! Im jealous!!! Im glad you had a good time. Its sad to think that Rocky wont be here next summer.

wendybird said...

oh my heck brit! that was THE biggest pancake i have ever laid eyes on!!

Alyssa said...

I didn't read this but just from the pictures I decided that I want to go on the next family vacation!
okay? okay:)