Sunday, June 21, 2009

To the WORLDS greatest Daddy


[dad cooking on the beach '07]
Happy Father's Day to all the wonderful dads and grandpas. I happen to have the best grandpa AND dad. Let me tell you about it!
My grandpa is such a caring person. If there is any service project going on, he will be the first to volunteer. When the missionaries break there bikes, they know just to see my grandpa's shop, and he will set them up for life. He just loves to entertain people in his home. He spends all day working and improving the house, so that when people come they can just relax. My grandpa is always the life of the party. My friends all ask me about my grandpa, and when they come over, sometimes they see him before me! He has so many stories about football, marathons, the military, living in the depression, going to school without parents! Grandpa definitely can talk for a long time without having to repeat himself. I love my grandpa so very much. I only got one grandpa, and I was truly blessed with Grandpa Black.
I love coming home and talking to my dad. Although he is always busy with either church or work, he seems to make some time just for me. I can talk to him forever, telling him all my upcoming plans and ideas. He just listens, giving advice here and there, encouraging me to continue. He always made sure we had everything we needed, and much more. In school it was my dad that drew out blue prints, and brought home building materials to help make our projects. Some of the best included Sis. Black's replica of the Globe Theater and Rocky's fully working guillotine. I love love LOVE that he designed my room. I love how he made it just for me and Sis. Black. I love my dad so much. We are spending Father's Day at the beach, in sunny California. His presents were wrapped in tool ads, created by yours truly.
I am so thankful to have a dad and grandpa that care so much about me.
I am truly a very lucky girl.

No comments: