Sunday, August 9, 2009

Stage Critical.

"This part is stage critical."
- my dad.


two day project:

It has been a long time coming, but we are now in the process of pouring the cement for our driveway. Because of the elevation of the house and such, it cannot be poured all at once. Not that we would be able to do that anyways. Saturday was spent "preparing" the yard. My mom and I shoveled a ton of rocks out of the truck, literally a TON of rocks. Because it was around 10:30 AM and 7000 degrees outside when we finished, we decided to hold off on pouring until the next early morning- which was today.

It is a messy messy job. My dad was the leveler on the cement pouring, mom and I shoveled the rocks and cement into the mixer and added water, Rocky was the transporter and did about everything inbetween. I have blisters on my hands from the shovel which definitely makes me tough. Rocky and I carved our names on the cornerstone. It was an exhausting week, but we are happy to have the first step done. My mom said we aren't a very normal family. Most people get excited for outings and such, we were all very excited to lay concrete. I have to agree with mom.

Yes world, it must be 2009 because
the Blacks are getting a drive way...






sidenote:
A little shout out to Mrs. Sharon who completely made my day with such a nice comment. Thank you for taking the time to read my thoughts.

No comments: