Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Polly Pocket's and such.



It is now- as I am surrounded by barbies, dress-up clothes and tea sets- that I realize how extraordinary my life is turning out to be. This morning I spent a good 2 hours researching Grad schools, and already stressed out about getting accepted. I made a million different goals and deals with myself in about 5 minutes time. After exhausting all the stress bones in my body, I decided to organize the girls play things before I leave for another year of prerequisites.

Putting away my Polly Pockets makes me stop and think. I can remember being in my first house, having all my different Polly houses scattered in a perfect circle on the floor of my little room. Talking to each Polly Pocket. Some were getting married, others where in gymnastics, and my favorites where a mom and daughter on a porch swing. It seems like just the other day. I can remember when my perfect day required sandwiches, bugs, my little dog and barbies.

Now I am analyzing my GPA from every angle, researching classes, and praying in 3 years I get an acceptance letter. And while some of my actions might be a little too intense, I think for a college girl, I am right on track. But I also know that just as I never thought school could ever top playing with barbies, in a few years I might be dreaming of something else. I know that, with me especially, nothing ever goes quite the way you plan it- I have daily reminders of that. And for that I am grateful. If I was able to keep to all my original plans, how boring would my life be?

So, as my room was once filled with Polly Pockets and now packed books, I can't wait to see the amazing things I collect on my way to the 3 short years ahead of me.

What an extraordinary life it is turning out to be.

1 comment:

Alyssa said...

I used to love polly pockets.
I like ready your happy little blog. :]
love.