Thursday, December 25, 2008

Frosty The Snowman

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY,"


Said Frosty.

Oh goodness! It was the best Christmas. Once again, it was more than I expected. Our family started a tradition about 5 years ago (my father just told me it has been longer) of asking for three gifts. It helps us to remember the true meaning of Christmas. We ask for a Gold, this is our WANT. Next is Frankincense, or the NEED. Finally the Myrrh, something to SHARE. I love that my mom started this. We each (actually just me, Pamella had a way of turning all three into Gold's. Rocky, I think, doesn't even know they are suppose to be three different things) have to think about what we want and why we ask for it.

I love Christmas. Every morning before we get to open our stockings or presents we all sit together and give a special gift. Since, like pretty much always, we give a gift to Jesus for the next year. In a special glass heart jar, one we only bring out once a year, and on a piece of paper we write what we will do this next year. But before we write the next year, we each read aloud from the past year. Then after we write our new gift, we put it in the jar and go to the stockings.

My mom got t
eary on the phone with Pamella. I loved talking to Sister Black. I miss her so much lately. I know she misses us so much, but we only have like 16 months left, its going by pretty quickly.
Me opening the cutest little Tiffany's Box.

Rocky talking to Pamella on the phone.

Chloe and Sophie in their little Christmas outfits.


MERRY CHRISTMAS.

It is truly not the gifts you receive this year, but the feeling that is in your home. I am grateful that my parents have continually made an effort to remind us of the true meaning of Christmas. It is to celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ. Presents is a tradition we added, but not the purpose. Hope everyone has a fantastic day, filled with family, love and laughter! (Haha, sometimes I get just a tad cheesey. But its how I think.)

No comments: