Wednesday, December 24, 2008

According To Michael:

World problem solved.


(Why when I take pictures do I make this face?)
This just in:

During a recent conversation with Michael Schroeder, the "Big Bang Theory" came up. (How? I have no idea. I never know where our conversations are heading.) So as I sat there (trying to at least act like I knew what he was saying) he showed me many picture, sorry wrong word, "diagrams" of how the universe first began. Then applied the idea to a balloon. (I must say, he was very good at dumbing it down for me. A little insulting, but I was still impressed) If you put dots on a deflated balloon they will stay close and all at the same distance. But as you blow the balloon up, the dots begin to move and separate. The same is with our universe, it is continually expanding. (OK, this is the twister... I might lose some people here.) According to Michael, if you know how to play pool, you can solve the question, "Where is the center of the universe?" Little does Schroeder know, I already know this answer. (At this point, I was wishing he started out with this question. It would have saved lots of time.) My parents always tell me, "You are the center of the universe." I have known this since birth. Apparently it is new to the rest of the world. Perhaps I should write a book about my findings? Title it the "Brittany Black Theory"? Anyways, it was a very educational conversation, for Schroeder that is.

No comments: