Thursday, February 19, 2009

Just words....

(It started as a sentence and ended with a novel. Sorry. But family... read it all. I thought you when I wrote this. I was shaking with laughter all by myself)

Driving lets me think about my experiences. Country musics helps me remember to be thankful. A long trip that takes away from home to school always brings tears.

When I combine these its a pretty explosive outcome.

I just love my family so much. I am a truly blessed girl. I think about everything my family has gone through, bad and good. And I am so thankful that it has made us so close. My mom is continually worrying about me and my brother and sister, trying to get us to be closer, making sure we are not drifting apart. While others comment on how we are so close.

My friend the other day told me her mom was her best friend. I thought about that. Is my mom my best friend?

Well no, she isn't. She is better, and closer than that. Friend isn't a very acceptable term when it comes to my mom. I tell my mom EVERYTHING! And everything I don't tell her, she uses her super mom powers to know. She also counsels me. She isn't a friend because she see the big picture with me. She always has my best interest in mind. So calling her my friend is cutting her short. I love my mom. I am pretty sure I am a momma's girl. Is there such a thing?

My dad is, well if anyone one in this world is going to be a superhero, it has to be my dad. And Rocky is such a cool superhero name. I love my dad so much. One time my family all went to Utah to move Pamella in while I stayed home (Stugo truly ruled my life). I was driving the big old HUGE dodge truck around during that time. I came home at night so tired and I was sitting in front of the house in the truck so exhausted, barely able to move. I tried to pull the key out of the key-slot thing, and it wouldn't budge. I turned the truck on and off about a zillion time. My finger was about to bleed if I tried forcing it anymore. Deep in despair I called my dad in far away Utah land. After explaining my problem (and frustration), he simply asked: "Brittany, is the truck in park?" I was in tears when I laughed SO hard and replied, "Ohhh? I guess that helps." Only my dad would know I am my mothers daughter, and ask that direct question. If I didn't have my dad to point out the obvious to me, my life would be upside down, not to mention I would spend many nights in a truck crying.

Pammy-Poo is an example to me in every way. I miss her while she is in far away Green Bay. I can't believe that she is surviving the snow. I know that she is the thief that is at fault for my missing electric blanket. When I read her letters it reminds how blessed I am. In institute I was telling Sister Spoon, the institute secretary, about my plans to get my Doctorate just like Pam did. I can't wait till Sister Black gets home. We will attend school together! I can't wait to see her every morning! She never ceases to be a bundle of joy. There is one time that she was hiding in the closet when we all thought she was at school, (long story) and when I went in to get my outfit before my school started (Pam was in high school, I was in middle school) I heard whispering and I looked at our coats and saw eyes. I screamed so loud it still, as I writing this, makes me have the "roll on the ground laughter".

Dearest Rocky. What a funny brother I have. When he walks in the kitchen and yells, "AHHHHH!" and runs and gets a wet wash cloth and throws over his face, you know to wait for a bit and not to panic. (Though, you should panic.. it just happens so often you don't). You later find out why they tell you not to press the RED button on barbeque's. (Facial hair is extinct) Or when give him a mega-phone, instead a bell after a ACL surgery. I will skip to the end of the story for you. Ends with me taking a beautiful afternoon nap while he plays the siren for about 20 minutes. When I finally drag myself out of bed to see what is so urgent, he says... "I am hungry. Can you bring me some fruit snacks?" Oh my goodness! Leave it to this boy to make the world stop so he can have 6 gummy snacks. BUT, when it comes to laughing, Rocky gets the award. He has the most contagious laugh. It will have my entire family chuckling, even when they are angry with him. One time I found a bug in my room and I was in the living room in hysterics about how gross it was. I was literally bawling my eyes out gasping for air, while Rocky, (what a gem he is) was on the ground clutching his sides he was laughing so hard. My dad and mom couldn't help but crack a smile. This sent me into never ending sobs, which just encouraged him more.

I am the luckiest girl in the world. That is what I re-realized on my last long drive back to Thatcher. I am so blessed that my parents made the decision to have us sealed together. I want to always be with my family, and they loved us enough to make that happen. I am spoiled in every way. I have so many material things, but that not what I am talking about. I honestly would trade anything of mine for a day on the beach with just my family. My parents and siblings have a way of doing things in such a style, I can't ever say no.

I miss my family. Pamella is going to be gone for umm..... 15 more months. Then soon Rocky will be out for 2 years. But I remember that I have eternity with them, so I guess I can share.

When I think about eternity, I am reminded of particular experience. Driving to San Francesco and back for Thanksgiving one year. The car ride back was amazing! I can sleep ANYWHERE and road trips I am out. (Its quite a joke in my family.) Everyone else is not as fortunate. Pamella was stuck in the middle, Rocky (being Rocky) made himself comfortable, not really thinking of anyone else (he hits a tired spot and there is no reasoning with him.) My poor dad driving for what was almost a full day (or so it felt) and my poor poor poor mom. My mom really had no hardships on this trip, but that is only to the untrained eye. My mom has to stay up with my dad, making sure he is wake. Constantly quizzing him about his current "awareness" level. Then trying to read his mind to make sure he is comfortable. Then having to analyze every road move, correction, passing, speed limits. And on top of that she has to quiet my brother and sister down so it will be quiet and my dad can think. It is a know fact, you can only drive and think when it is quiet. Pamella starts crying, she is so tried and nobody cares. Rocky yells at her to stop moving. My mom sympathizes/yells at them both (its quite a talent when you can achieve both results at the same time). I quietly chucked and tried to dose back off to sleep. (Better to just sit this one out. I like to be invisible sometimes) And I am pretty sure my dad was pounding the gas petal into the road.

So I hope eternity doesn't require a car ride. We might not all survive. Hahaha
I LOVE MY FAMILY!!!!

No comments: