Wednesday, February 25, 2009

I'm dreaming of a White... EA?

People actually ask me to update my blog. I feel so... read? (is that how you say it?)

So here is our snow day that happened about.... 3 weeks ago?

3 AM I was woken up by, guess....

Yes, Ashli and Josh. The following is what took place:

Brittany snuggled in her warm bed. Fell asleep earlier than normal (like 12ish) watching White Christmas (a for sure favorite of hers).
3AM
Brittany hears weird loud sounds and wakes up. Ashli is leaning towards her. "Brittany come outside with us."
Us? Oh yes. Josh is on the other side of Brittany laughing. Never a good sign when Josh and Ashli are BOTH laughing. Actually its a little scary.
B: "What? No."
A: "Just come outside. It's a surprise!"
So like any obedient middle child I rolled out of bed and followed my insane roommate and other person. (haha, Josh will like that new nickname)

I looked outside and it looked to weird. The sky was kinda light, like redish maybe. and everything was covered in WHITE! It was so beautiful!!! I am SO happy my crazy roomy and other woke me up! We ran down stair and playing in it. Oh, it was still snowing too. Hard snowing. Finally I decided that MEIGEN needs to see this. So me and Ashli ran screaming to her apartment. She came out of her house worried that we had died. Nope, its just snowing! So we all got some warmer clothes on (we were in our pj's and flip-flops) and took a walk. I am SO SO SO happy I got to see EA covered in snow. But then all good things must come to an end. On our way back from the walk, it already started to melt. It had stopped snowing and was slowing turning back into the town I feel asleep to. We were all FREEZING and WET so we went home and made some hot chocolate. (Thanks Grizzles!!!) And then watched White Christmas. Perfect dream come true.

Oh I also called my parents. I mean, it was SNOWING! They should know! But, surprisingly, when you call a billion times at 3:30AM people tend to think something is wrong. Like I had died or something. So by the time they had woken up, searched for the cells phones that kept ringing and answered they had a rush of emotions for me. Let me name a few: worriedness, stressed, angry, mad, annoyed, tried.... the list goes on. Luckily, they were still half asleep so I was hoping they would for get it in the normal morning time. Nope. Later that day I received a call from both of them that each started like "You called us at 3AM? What is wrong with you?" Haha, oh my parents miss me. I can tell by their voice!


Ashli and Joshy-Poo


My FAVORITE roommate.


Ashli's car Soaring Eagle.


Meigen and me!


Josh's truck. I thought it was poetic that his Avalanche was covered in snow.


When we ran outside to see the snow, we locked ourselves out. I crawled through the window.


Palm Tree covered in SNOW?


Josh is always jumping in the trash. Weird!



Ashli, Josh, and Meigen


Calling HOME!


My hot chocolate from the Grizzles!

Oh, and I would also like to take all the credit for the snow. I was the one watching White Christmas. Thank you.

No comments: