Saturday, February 13, 2010

My sweet valentine...

You Make Me Happy

(2-14-10 chloe insisting we lay in the grass)
So because Valentines day is a Sunday, Cody and I had a Saturday date. And I have to say, I am still quite impressed with him. Let me explain.....

Saturday morning I had planned to be home with my mom. I was going to head to Mesa around 2ish to see Cody. Then Sunday Cody was coming with me to church. I had originally told him, weeks in advance, that all I really wanted was a date. So knowing the back round.... Saturday morning I called him to ask what time I should be there (I know it is weird that I want a date and I drive myself, but we take turns making the hour drive and it was my turn) and he said, "I don't know. What do you want to do?" Instantly I was angry, and done with the conversation. Obviously this meant he in fact did not plan anything and I wasn't going to spell it out for him anymore than "take me on a date for Valentines Day." I thought me saying that would be enough. And I was getting my hopes up for the idea of a drive-in movie, I thought he was planning... So I was a bit rude and just got off the phone. I complained to my mom about the thought processes of boys. After ranting, and feeling disappointed, and telling her I wasn't going, I got over it and just accepted it and was content.

(2-14-10 brittany laughing at cody)
Well. Can you say dramatic, overreacting, spoiled girl? I can.. I am quite upset with my quick imagination that makes every situation the end of the world... But this also makes for a better ending. So I am right about something.

I go to Cody's, I thought I was late, but in fact I was early. I threw out some note cards in hopes of studying Bio, that was in vain and a pure pathetic attempt, while he finished getting ready. Then his parents made us dinner, filet mignon (which is just steak for us simple folk) and bake potatoes. We ate dinner together, it was very nice. And then Cody took me out to his truck (he calls it a truck but it isn't, or doesn't resemble the stereotypical truck at all). We drove in the desert right by his house for a while. To be honest, it felt like hours but was probably only 20 minutes. This might have been because he tried to show me every hole he had gotten stuck in with his dirt bike. Then we went in those holes. Finally he got out and planted a firework in the middle of the ground. Just as I was about to get out, to watch it go off in the sky, it tilted and ended up shooting sideways in some bushes. This sent Cody and I off on another adventure to make sure we put out any fires. Then he made me close my eyes. Fact: Dirt road, ditches every where, nighttime, and Cody's driving does not add up to wanting to close your eyes. I felt like I was on the Indiana Jones ride. But he continued to instruct me to close my eyes as we walked in his front door. (No one is stupid enough not to know they are walking inside his house, his door has an appearance that demands you notice). We ending up in his backyard. Where he had a couch set up and a TV on a rock, ready for our out door movie adventure. We watched Chicken Little, and half way through his mom came out and served us hot chocolate. It was a perfect night. And an amazing Valentines date.

(2-14-10 cody posing for the camera)
I don't know if it was just the constant reminder of how much a gentleman Cody is, as he opened every door for me. Or the fact he planned. Or how he made his own fireworks. Yes those are all reasons I can't stop thinking about how great it was, but not "the reason". It was because his style was so completely cool, relaxed and "hey babe, I have this covered."

well, I only have one thing to say:

Baby, I've got the hots for you.

1 comment:

ashliteeps said...

There's not a LIKE button, but if there was... I'd click it! ;)