Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Day 1: Moonlight

"I'm Going Back To Cali

Cali Cali"

Every year when I was little we went to Moonlight beach. We started up this tradition again about 5 years or so ago. We would come, spend a week and then head off to school. This year, for all sorts of crazy reasons, we weren't going to be able to come to our beloved beach and town. However, my wonderful grandma decided that this wasn't acceptable so she gave us a little present. This present was a trip to the beach! 5 days of slowing it down and hanging by the water. So we hurried and got off of work, threw a few bathing suits and towels in the car and headed to Cali!

We left at 5:00 AM, tired from our lack of packing the night before and having to do it all in the morning...
Our first stop was the San Diego Temple.

Okay Okay, you can take my picture :]

It was under going renovations. So it wasn't all open, but still amazing and beautiful.
We finally made our way to the hotel, which is like a 5 minute walk to the beach. It is seriously the most incredible sight.

The night ended with me and my dad going to the store for 7UP for Pamella, who got very very sick. And dinner for the rest of us. When we got back and brought the food in, Pamella was not feeling good at all and food smells where not on her list of appeasing things. So we ate in the car, funniest thing. Then we couldn't go back inside the room because it was dark and really quiet and freezing! But we couldn't leave her either. So we stayed in the car and my parents told me all about them dating and getting to know one another and the crazy dates my dad took her on. It was a funny funny day. And hopefully tomorrow Pamella will get to see some sun and ocean!

Well good night!

No comments: