Saturday, June 5, 2010

Girls Camp Prep.

I do not support the idea of girls camp. It is not a good setting. Who thought of taking a camp full of girls and women to the wilderness, leaving them there for a week. Limiting their showers, having them enforce order and making them stay within close quarters at all times. I am not sure why I even have to say this? When you come back, you are messed up! No one should have to stay around the same sex for that long, especially women, it is not natural. This is not to mention all the bugs, dirt and animals they have to fight off. Anyways, I suffered my 5 years at girls camp, and I vow never to return, I am not a big fan.

But my sister and mother were both called as leaders for camp. So this meant we had LOTS of projects to do. Pamella was the camp director for our ward, and my mom was helping the junior staff. It entailed a lot of long nights, paint, hot glue and paper. I have a blister on my thumb, and countless paper cuts. We did all the tye-dyed shirts with their last names on back and first initial on front. Thank goodness I have a cricut, that's all I have to say!

They just left this morning and I am thrilled to have the next week for peace and chilling with my dad. The house was a disaster, but I was more than willing to clean, if it meant quiet time. The night ended with me and my dad at Outback Steak House. It was lovely.

No comments: