Monday, November 16, 2009

102.2 HOT


(Our first date)

Tonight I was laying in my bed, all the covers over my head, determined not to let the cold find me when Cody came to visit after FHE. He had chip breath so I told him not to breathe on me. He sat on the side of my bed in the pitch dark, talking to me, though he was in all reality talking to a mound of blankets and confused on where my face actually was, though he didn't complain. After whispering a few nonsensical comments, he told me I need to sleep. He took my treasured SmartWater and filled it up. When he came back in he asked if he could do anything else for me... I rolled over to face him and just smiled (a smile he didn't see) and said no and thank you. He kissed me on my forehead and left with the pile of empty water bottles covering my night stand and some old apple juice. I laid in my bed, thinking how genuinely nice and sincere this boy is when I heard him gather up all the trash to take it out, and replace it with a nice new clean bag (something our apartment has a phobia of). I smiled, a smile he couldn't see again.

I dozed off to sleep dreaming about a certain young man.

No comments: