Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Road Trip

Sunday June 1st!


Rocky and the boys needed to go to Boys State at NAU in Flagstaff for the week. So I drove them along with my PAL Taylor Webb. Fun trip. I had never driven to Flag before so it was interesting. We made AWESOME time ;), and FINALLY got to eat at the restaurant The Place! Then got totally lost on where to go to drop them off.


OK. I should really know this by now, but I was shocked on how many control freaks where in my car with me! BEN and TAYLOR. Tay's sister went to NAU for like ever so she knows her way around, and Ben is never wrong and I think he is used to being the one driving. So I am trying to listen for my directions (I have an extremely good talent for getting lost) and Ben would say turn, so I did, and Taylor would yell at me. At one point I pulled the car over and yelled that them, but they were to busy arguing to notice.


Mean while, Rocky and Gabe where in the backseat chilling, so they took it upon themselves to be apart of the conversation. So when we came to a stop sign, SUDDENLY they would start yelling like FREAKS "STOP THE CAR! STOP! RED MEANS STOP". I could have killed them and felt good about it, but it shut Taylor and Ben up for awhile, so it was worth the heart attack. And they continued to yell when I turned right, left, slowed down, sped up. Cute kids.



Finally we got there and the boys checked in while me and Tay sat on the couch. We were the only girls in the building (hello..."boys state") then my phone rang and blared "Wannabe" by the Spice Girls, so we felt REALLY out of place.


We wanted to say bye to all the boys at one time, but they kept getting lost and wouldn't stay together! Ben walked in to the building to get Gabe and somehow ended up coming through to front doors to find us. It was funny to watch Ben realize he had gotten lost. After sitting forever we said goodbye and started home.



I was soo happy to have Taylor on this trip. I forget how much I depend on her sometimes because I consider her apart of my family. It was nice to just talk in the car with her, and to be able to jam out to our GIRL music! I wore my COOL Girls State shirt :).

No comments: