Sunday, June 8, 2008

Graduation



May 23. happiest day of my life. finally graduated! four hard years. stugo done with, one of the weirdest feelings.

I was all ready the night before. i ironed all my clothes myself, something that NEVER happens. And I wore my pink outfit, which was so much fun. and I woke up at like 6 a.m. and had to make myself go back to bed until 8, which totally didn't happen so like 7 I was walking around saying my speech a thousand times to anyone of my million family member that was staying at our house, or at least the ones I could corner. then finally it was 8. So I took a shower and got all ready. Shoot it was only 9.



I didn't have to meet at Meigen's house until 10:30 and the Sundome until 12. I WAS DYING! So much time to kill. From 9 to 10 I really considered throwing out my speech (the one I had been practicing for a month) and rewriting everything. But lucky I still had a little sense left and realized that would be dumb.

So around 10:15 Pam took me to Meigen's house. Just as we were leaving she pulled the car over and we said a little prayer. That comforted me so much, Pamella is so much like my mom sometimes, she always knows just what to do. When I got to Meigen's house, after she got over the shock of me being SO earlier I looked around at her room. It was so sad to see it all packed, kinda hit me a little about how old we were getting.



Then Taylor and Alyssa came to the door. I couldn't see them but the first thing they said was "of course dorkis is late!" AH HA! I in fact was not! and proceeded to point that out the rest of the day. Rachel got there and it was time to leave.... FINALLY! Alyssa had made a CD for the ride, which was so smart of her. It was a graduation mix. Featuring songs like Bye Bye Bye, Lucky, Meow Mix, Larger than Life, Closing time, I can fly..... etc. good stuff. It was nice to have a distraction, it felt like such a LONG car ride. Finally we got there, only super early. Sandra Day kids were coming out and so we blasted Bye Bye Bye and rolled down the windows and sang as we were stuck in all the traffic mess in the parking lot. Good Times there.


Then we checked in and put our robes on, me and Taylor dropped stuff at our seats, and about this time I looked at the stage and felt so small and also like there was a million butterflies in my stomach. I happen to be the line leader on the right, Taylor on the left. So we went our different ways to get ready. My side was ready by 12:15. Everyone was lined up and ready to go. At first I thought the clock was broken but in fact we did have 45minutes left to go. Basically I was on the edge of a panic attack. I wanted to hurry up and go. I had never been so early and ready in my life. One eternity later, the music started and I started walking.


That was so much fun. I was suppose to keep pace with Taylor, which was a little hard because she was so far away. When I passed my family and friends I was so concentrated on walking that I missed half of them. Finally me and Taylor met. Both of us had the BIGGEST fake smiles on. we walked and sat down. Um everything took forever, and I think I held my breath for most of it. They read my name, my family went crazy. Then I sat down and waited.... and waited...... and waited. Finally it was MY TURN!



I got at the stage and couldn't tell if I was suppose to go or not. that was embarrassing. But then I started. I looked up once and then at my paper and completely lost my spot. I believe I played it off pretty well. My speech was awesome and then after me I was done! Dr. Anderson got up to say like 2 words and we were done! afterwards was so crazy. I just hung out with Ben, Gabe, Annette and Michelle, and a little with my family. We went outside to get pictures and then left because it was raining.



My party was all inside because of the rain, which kinda sucked because we bought a ton of decorations for outside, oh well. Anyways I came home and slept until it started. There was so many kids walking around, and I was a little out of my element. But finally friends came, people my age and we had so much fun. We played signs and played in the street with poppers. Great Times.

Sarah made this really cool cake for me. Then Taylor came over, which was a sweet surprise. It was lots of fun playing with them. When everyone left I was still in my cap and gown. And loving it. I had a stack of presents, which maybe I am totally out of it but I honestly truly didn't expect anything. It was fun opening everything and reading all the comments.


I was such a fast day. A few days later I had a dream about graduating. I woke up and had to remind myself that it was over, it felt really fast. I can't believe that high school is done with. I am not sad to leave or overly excited for EA. Just in the weird middle. Anyways it was a fun fast day, something I can look back on and smile at.

No comments: