Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Toots, kicks and cravings

Today I woke up and dreamed I was 39 and half weeks pregnant. I was so happy. Then I realized I am only about 29 weeks. Bummer.

[I decided to show off my tummy]

I have just entered the third trimester. Oh hooray! Cody said (in all seriousness), "At the end of this one, you will have a baby!" Yup, that is how it works. However, I don't remember what life was before pregnancy. [Some mom's are probably rolling their eyes and thinking, wait till you have 6] I haven't worn zip-up jeans in months. Shaving my legs? When standing in the shower I can see about my knee down. And the idea of bending and tending is not high on my list. I told my mom today, I can almost feel the stretch marks coming on, my tummy is not made to handle this weight! Laying down means an immediate lost of breath for about a minute. Vertical to horizontal is a process now. And I feel like a rotisserie chicken while I sleep, constantly turning from one side to the other.

So those are my complaints. (Shorter than my first trimester for sure!) When I make it from vertical to horizontal, and I am laying in bed I dream of my sweet baby, who is more likely than not, kicking me at that moment. I think about holding him next to me. Or laying him in between Cody and I on Saturday mornings when we just lay in bed and talk. I think about how my entire heart will just melt when he holds my finger. And I think about the moment when someone is holding my crying baby and I pick him up and he is instantly soothed. (The last one is kinda just a big wish on my part. I worry that he might like others more than his mother!)

Well 11 weeks left of dreaming, then it is game time. Until then I will crave me a chocolate milkshake and have Cody tie my shoes. I just can't wait for my little bundle of joy to get here!

1 comment:

greatday said...

Britt!! I just caught up on your blog LOVE IT. Also, bend and tend?? haha you crack me up! You are getting so close! But probably still feels like forever huh? I can't wait to come visit you guys. Soon. It will happen.