Sunday, November 10, 2013

I Have My Heroes on Speed Dial

I have wonderful parents. They told me all the time how much I was worth and I could be anything. They tell me "I love you" every time we end a conversation. They hug and kiss me. They made rules. They let us have as much family time as we could for the short time we were all at home together. They taught me. And they were determined to have a house full of love. They knew it matter.
I hope that your family knows you love them. And you hug and kiss them. Because it matters. Even if you are late and they take that extra five seconds for a hug and kiss, I think it matters.

I think about when I have kids, and how wonderful it will be to wrap them up in my arms and kiss them from head to toe. I can't imagine loving anyone more than this little one in me. And, as my parents taught me, I will share that with them every second I can. Because it matters.

Be the person that says I love you. It does matter.

1 comment:

Alyssa said...

This may or may not have made me cry..
I love the Blacks.