Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Farewell Little Brother. . .


SUNDAY WE SAID OUR GOODBYES!















Rocky's farewell went by so quickly. It was days of rushing sending out cards, making food and getting decoration ideas followed by one day of family and friends celebrating all of Rocky's choices. Elder Buris and Brad Anderson did a special musical number, "In The Hollow Of Thy Hand," which was very beautiful. I have to say, my favorite sacrament meets are those with all my family sitting around. I loved looking around and seeing my grandparents talking to my uncles and watching the cousins run around. It was quite a day, and I am so blessed to have a little brother that is one of the BIGGEST examples to me. Thank you for everyone that helped. My mom had me, with Grandma as the big helper (reminding us of all the little things we forgot), we requited Sarah (she is our Pamella for the get together's), then my roommates who were in charge of the kids (THANKS!) and all the other family who jumped in and helped. I think that it was a big group effort. Grandpa was the front man for hosting. When guests made it back to our house before us, he was there ready to give them tours and show them around. That is such a gift! Especially since my mom and I were crazy getting food on the table, and Rocky was off with his friends. I was a wonderful, exhausting day.
Sister Black- We missed you! Hurry home!!!!

No comments: