Monday, July 19, 2010

9 months



the same sun that is rising today is the one the shines on Elder Miller.
so today I got up and watched it rise.
because this is mine and Cody's day.


Dear Elder Miller.
I sure do miss talking to you. I feel like every letter I write is just like a phone call. It just takes a week to get a response. Every Thursday I run to the mail box and scream and jump up and down at the excitement of getting another letter. Do you remember 9months ago today? And then the weeks after that? We smiled so much. And could you believe then that I would be waking up early in the morning to watch the sun rise? Because I know that somewhere you are soaking up that same sun, and that makes me feel closer to you. I can't believe that you are such a perfect missionary. I am so proud when I talk about you, and that is all the time. I tell everyone about your insane mission stories. Every Thursday my mom and I laugh at your funny stories, that sound more like the start of a joke then actual reality. No matter where I go, or how long you are away, it is always just one letter between us. I love you. I know that you are in the right place and doing the right things. You have a fan club here, cheering you on. So when you are having a bad day, look at the sun and know that somewhere I am sitting next to a pool thinking of you. Or when it gets rainy and you think you are going to quit because it is just to hard, think about how we would run out in the rain and dance. And when people aren't very nice, know that I am here praying for you. You make me happy. Whether we are in Thatcher watching the stars, in Mesa playing games with your family or days apart writing letters. Nothing has changed, you are still the best. So smile today. Get up and go do something amazing. Because you are amazing, and I expect nothing less from you. I love you.

Love,
Brittany.

P.S. I am praying for you.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

really? do you enjoy making me cry like a baby and having me reread this to my mother? Oh I love you two. I vote you guys live happily ever after.

Alyssa said...

yeah. um.
I love that you're blogging again.
and you're song.
and you and Cody.
I second Ashley's vote.
I LOVE YOU!